Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Orange County Weekend

This weekend I went to Orange County to visit one of my favorite people ever!
Monica, my pot luck roommate from college, moved out here a year ago.  I think the Cali lifestyle suites her. :)

She took me to some ah-MAY-zing restaurants.  The first was Las Brisas in Laguna Beach.  Come for the view and stay for the food!  This place has been feeding hungry SoCal residents and tourists since 1979.
Las Brisas is an excellent choice for daytime dining.  We took a nice walk on the beach after our meal and soaked up the sun.  Heaven.
For dinner we went to Orange Hill which offered an equally stunning view from a wraparound porch.  There was also the koi pond, waterfall, fire pits... You get the idea.  California luxury at its best.
I want to be a Californian when I grow up!  I'm starting to think the state income tax and traffic would be worth it for the amazing weather and food!  Until then, I'll continue to visit my friend, especially since she wines and dines me like this!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment