Tuesday, November 5, 2013

New York State of Mind

This weekend the bf and I took a little trip to NYC!  There were a lot of things going on there this weekend: the New York City Marathon, the Saints vs. Giants game, and your everyday general revelry.  We had a terrible time finding a reasonably priced hotel room for a Saturday night stay (nothing under $300), and as luck would have it, a friend of a friend needed a dog sitter that night, so we found ourselves in a fabulous Greenwich Village apartment hanging out with the cutest puggle named Levi!

Catching the sun rise on the plane... It was an early Saturday morning flight!

The bf and I have both been to NYC before, so this trip was about enjoying the fall weather and eating delicious food rather than running around to tourist destinations.  We enjoyed Greenwich immensely.  Saturday's highlights included:

A late lunch at Meme...


Levi entertaining us and taking us out for a nightcap at  his favorite little wine bar around the corner from his apartment... 


Levi did not let us sleep in on Sunday morning.  He insisted we go for a walk and coffee.  This is the Sunday-in-New-York uniform: workout pants, running shoes, warm jacket, dog, and a caffeinated beverage.  

While Levi napped we snuck out and explored the High Line...

Then Chelsea Market for shopping, followed by and brunch at The Green Table.

Later that day, after Levi's parents returned home from the Phish concert in Atlantic City, we checked into our hotel on Fifth Avenue: Hotel 373.  The bf had a Monday morning meeting in the Empire State Building, so we chose the hotel for it's location and price (about $200 for a night, which included free in-room WiFi and breakfast).  It was, of course, tiny, but clean.  This area is particularly touristy so unfortunately there is a void of good restaurants, so we walked about ten minutes away to Bareburger, which I would heartily recommend.  Unfortunately I was so hungry, I didn't take a single picture of our food!

Later that evening we went to a show at the Comedy Cellar back in the West Village.  We are big fans of Louis C.K., and if you've ever watched his show Louie, you've seen him perform at this club.  Cell phone use is not allowed inside the tiny basement so the best I could do was take a picture of the sign out front.  We had a great time and the comedians were hilarious.  And filthy, of course.  Something about the world of stand up comedy is very dark.  By the way, the hummus was excellent.


I was officially on vacation on Monday, with my out of office message set up on my work email account and everything!  So I got up at my leisure while the bf was hustling.  I met a former co-worker for lunch at Momofuku Noodle Bar in the East Village near her apartment.  It was chilly, so ramen was the perfect meal.  Afterwards we grabbed a cup of coffee at The Bean where we met my bf.  Unfortunately we couldn't stay and explore more of the East side (which I would love to do in the future!), so we hailed a cab and headed to the airport for our trip home.  Until next time, NYC!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further post thank you once again. Nice article and pleasant arguments commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these. And don't forgrt to give your valuable review on my work

    ReplyDelete