Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Foreign Currency


The only time I complain about having too much money is on the last day of a trip in a foreign country.  If I have local currency in my wallet, I try to spend it as quickly as possible.  Inevitably, I come home with at least a few coins.  Other world-traveling friends have complained about the same thing (first world problems, I know!).  So the beautiful paper and coins sit at home in boxes and junk drawers collecting dust.  As we continue to travel, it continues to accumulate.  (Disclaimer: At the risk of sounding like an ungrateful brat with money to throw away, let me clarify that the amount brought home from a trip is typically under $20 USD.  Many times it’s under $10 or $5 USD, so barely enough to buy a couple gallons of gas or a latte!)  Like most twenty-something white girls who need advice, I turned to Pinterest for help.  Here's what they told me to do.
 

 
 
 
foreign bills make nice art
foreign coins grace an old wood frame
 
What do you do with your leftover currency?  

No comments:

Post a Comment