Monday, February 18, 2013

Galentine's Brunch

I was genetically programmed to host parties.  My mom is an accomplished hostess, so is my grandmother, and several of my aunts.  Of course no one tops Aunt Arlene.  She's the most crafty person I know.  She has a holster for her glue gun.  It's that serious.
My color palette inspiration [via].
I mentioned on this bloggy blog a couple of weeks ago that one of my girlfriends and I were planning to throw a ladies-only champagne brunch to clelebrate "Galentine's Day".  We spent weeks planning the menu and decor.  This was a big deal for me because it would be my first time hosting at my new house, and at any house, for neary the past four years.  The last party I threw was a gourmet taco tasting party.  Or was it the St. Patrick's fitness pole party?  Regardless, yesterday's event marked my official return to the hosting circuit.
The best part about having all of your friends at the same party is having all of your friends at the same party.  The worst part is trying to participate in all of the conversations that are all going on at once because you genuinely care about the things that are happening in these people's lives but you can't because you only have two ears and one brain and they're getting stretched to their limit trying to process it all.  The champagne only makes things more confusing and hilarious.
Bubbly bar inspiration [via].
I'm a huge fan of Pinterest, which is where I found many of these brilliant decor ideas.  I caught sight of the "Bubbly Bar" above and created my own, below.
I ordered a roll of black craft paper from Amazon.com for $18 and decorated it with white chalk.  We used disposible champagne glasses (my friends I can be a little clumsy) and superglued fancy knitting yard to the ends of wooden skewers you can find in any grocery store to make the stirrirs.
I followed this tutorial to create the hanging tissue paper poms...
[via]
...and the tassel garland was inspired by this blog post.
[via]
For entertainment we had a fun little game my friend and I made up that we called "Who Would You Do?" "Hollywood Hotties".  Before the party, I asked each of my gals who is their top celebrity crush.  (A couple of my friends were smart greedy and chose two!)  I cut out pictures of all the beautiful people (I'm referring to the celebs, although my friends are beautiful too) and as a group we matched the lady to the star.  As you can see, my friends have exquisite tastes.
As I sit here on a Monday afternoon with a slight headache from all the bubbly, and look around my messy house with evidence of the party scattered about, I feel happy and satisfied.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go polish my glue gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment