Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Shelves: Splurge or Save

I just loooove online shopping.  Not for clothes or shoes- I have to try everything on.  But for household items and gifts, it's the best.  The bf and I use Amazon Prime and it has saved us bundles of money on shipping.  Need a bed frame for the guest bedroom?  Shop around on Amazon and BAM!  Two days later it's at our doorstep.  In our new place I decided we had to have a pair of shelves flanking the TV in the living room.  I'm not a fan of traditional TV stands.  Our TV is now mounted on the wall above an antique sideboard we found at a thrift store.  I wanted some open shelves on either side to add some height to the wall and to display some chotchkies from our travels and our books.

I found these in the Pottery Barn catalog for $349 each...

After hunting around on Amazon, I found these for $62 each.

I'm sorry to say this is a teaser post.  Did you think I was going to show you how they actually look in our coral-colored living room?  Well, I'm sorry to say it's not ready for the big reveal just yet!  If I showed you what our living room looks like right now you'd think we're hoarders.  The moral of the story is: Amazon Prime is worth it (and no, I'm not affiliated with Amazon, although it would be awesome to get paid for saying that, if anyone at Amazon wants to throw a few bones my way after the fact).

I'll try to have some real house pics to share soon!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment