Sunday, September 8, 2013

Our New Hood

I took a walk this morning to check out our new neighborhood on foot, since I've only driven through it and haven't had time to pay much attention to my surroundings.  Maybe we should have done this before we bought the place?  I was pleasantly surprised at how nice our neighborhood is!  American flags, live oaks, and even a duck pond!  All we need is a white picket fence around our place and we're suddenly The Cleavers.




Does anyone else feel awkward and/or creepy walking the streets of a residential area without a dog or a stroller?  I ran into my neighbor and waved at her from a distance, and I could tell she didn't recognize me.  She was pushing her two kiddos in a stroller and I could see in her eyes we had that awkward "do I know you and what can I do to protect my kids from this stranger walking towards me" moment.  Maybe it's time for a dog??

No comments:

Post a Comment