Friday, May 10, 2013

Wedding Season

It's here.  And it's been great!  But I'm excited to spend this weekend at home (at least until Sunday when I go to Oklahoma for Mother's Day like the good daughter I am).  Weddings are high-pressure events for those of us in the wedding party.  I have responsibilities like making sure the bridesmaids' bouquets make it to the reception so they can double as center pieces on the dining tables... This stuff is hard work after a day of hair, nails, makeup, and wedding rehearsal.  We bridesmaids have to perfect our step-together-step-together down the aisle and stand around for all of the pre and post ceremony photos...  It's exhausting!  We are also expected to be the first to start a conga line on the dance floor, and we really should stay for last call.  My boyfriend and I had back-to-back weddings last month, plus a few weekends of showers and bachelorette parties, so you now know where all of my discretionary income is being spent.  With love, of course.
Our first wedding weekend took us to La Jolla.  No complaints there!  We flew into San Diego and rented a car for the short drive north.
We stayed at a really cute albeit older place (I call it vintage) called La Jolla Cove Suites.  The price was right and our room overlooked Scripps Park and the ocean.  The hotel room was really a suite with a completely separate room for the bedroom and came with a kitchenette so we felt like we almost got a taste of what it would be like to live there. I'm sure if we were to make the move we'd live in a place the size of our suite.  Cali ain't cheap! 
Between wedding events we spent some time at the beach watching the sea lions and walked around La Jolla in search of amazing food which fortunately was easy to find. 
We have to take advantage of super fresh sea food when we can!  The main event was the WEDDING (!!!) which was on the beach at the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club.  It was a beautiful day and a stunning ceremony and reception.
The pictures describe it better than I could!  :)  The following weekend took us to Oklahoma City.  It was an easy trip from Dallas (we decided to drive) and we got to spend a little time with my family since we stayed at my parents' house.  The weekend started with a bridal lunch in the Devon Tower at a OKC's hottest dining establishment, Vast.  Check out the view!

 This amazing bride thought of everything...
Now to the main event... the WEDDING!  The girls spent the day getting ready at the Gaylord Pickens Museum, which is where the reception was  held.

Then we headed to St. Joseph Old Cathedral in downtown Oklahom City to get our friend hitched!
It was another beautiful ceremony followed by a fabulous reception.  I'm so happy for my friends but I'm worn out just reliving those two weeks through pictures!  Phew!  Time to start the weekend.  Have a good one friends!  And don't forget to wish all of your mothers, grandmothers, and mothers-in-law a happy day on Sunday!!

1 comment:

  1. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up.
    PSN codes generator

    ReplyDelete