Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Top o' the morning to ya!  Today my boyfriend and I are drinking these...

Because yesterday we went to this...
Let me introduce you to THE St. Patrick's Day event of Texas, the Dallas St. Patrick's Day Parade on Greenville Avenue, formerly known as the Greenville Avenue St. Patrick's Day Parade.  Last year a record 100,000 folks attended the event, and even more were expected this year.  Even Snoop Lion, formerly known as Snoop Dogg, came this year.  It's a wonderful day in our fair city where people use public transportation to get around, police forget about those silly open container laws, and we get to wear green and drink before noon without being judged.  I'm a little bit Irish and was raised Catholic, so I live for this day.  So do my friends, and here's proof:
In case you celebrated St. Paddy's this weekend, here's my recipe for my green-smoothie-hangover-cure:
Ingredients:
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup cilantro
3 celery stalks
1 apple
1 small piece of ginger root, peeled
Juice of one lemon
Directions:
Cut the celery stalks and apple into 1" pieces.  Add the spinach, cilantro, celery, apple, ginger, and lemon juice to a blender.  Pour in four to eight ounces of water, depending on how thick you like your smoothie.  Blend until smooth.  Pour into glasses and serve (beer glasses or steins make for a festive accoutrements).  Makes two servings.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment