Sunday, July 7, 2013

Holiday House Hunting

I don't usually say this, but I'm so glad it's Sunday!  We celebrated the Fourth of July this weekend (well, on Thursday so it was practically the weekend) as well as a good friend's wedding here in Dallas.  We also started our house hunting process, so I am exhausted today!
What better way than to celebrate Murica's b-day than with a dunk tank?
At the Four Seasons in Las Colinas heading to the wedding!
The beautiful bride and a photo bomb by the FOTB!  Classic.

My first time to ever visit a house that I could potentially purchase was yesterday.  The first couple of homes I wanted to see were already under contract by the time I asked my Realtor about them.  So the experience has been disappointing from the start!  My boyfriend and I loved the house we saw yesterday.  I have heard somewhere before that you should look for the cheapest house in the most expensive neighborhood.  The one we saw yesterday was just that.  We told the Realtor to move forward with an offer, and an hour after we left the little Lakewood cottage by the country club, she called to tell us a builder offered the owner the asking price in cash just hours before.  Ugh!

Today we looked at a second house, which we also loved (slightly less than yesterday's).  It's not our first choice in terms of location, but it's close enough to the neighborhoods we like, and has flip potential!  I've always wanted to flip a house and this could be my chance!  Our offer is in ($2K above the asking price) but there are other offers we have to compete with.  Fortunately our Realtor is friends with the seller's Realtor, so she's trying to hook it up for us!  Now the hard part is here, which is waiting to find out if the offer will be accepted.  I'm terribly impatient and I have butterflies in my stomach as I type this.  There's literally no other house on the market right now that we like.  The past two days have been such an emotional roller coaster.  I was warned by friends that house hunting can be a very stressful and disappointing process, but I didn't realize how attached I'd get to a house after spending fifteen minutes in it!  Crazy.  I'm in love with the potential I see in this house so I hope it works out!
A kitchen in a gorgeous house we saw today.  It's two down from the house on which we made an offer.  It's a similar home, but this one has had amazing updates done to it.  The Realtor showed us so we could have some inspiration as to what we could do to our future home (if the offer is accepted!)

I've spent way too much time today on Pinterest and an app my Realtor told me about called Houzz collecting inspiration for renovations.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get this house!  The market is highly competitive in Texas right now so anything could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment