Saturday, June 15, 2013

Snacks on a Plane

I'm up early on a Saturday morning because I'm jet lagging from my Euro trip!  I returned Wednesday from a jaunt to Eastern Europe with a couple of girls from work.  Since it's June, of course I'm working on my "summer bod", and a lot of that effort has been for naught thanks to an overly indulgent birthday weekend, followed by this trip.  Since I always succumb to eating airplane food, mostly out of boredom, I tried to be healthy, at least at the start!  Here's what I packed and brought on board with me the day I left...

The apples, kiwis, blueberries, and avocado were lifesavers on the long flight overseas.  I also loved the coconut chips and the super cookies were delicious treats that I ate when I felt hunger pains coming on before meal time during our tours.  I used the almond butter packets with apples or bananas that we picked up at breakfast at our hotel.  I ate part of the GoMacro bar on a long train ride, but I didn't like it enough to finish it.  I still haven't used the whey protein packet. It was my first time to buy something like that, and I think I'm a little scared of what it might taste like!  I also didn't use any lemons or green tea packets because our hotel had excellent green tea, and the lemons got smashed at the bottom of my bag.  Oh well!  I did not stick to my diet at all on this trip, so it was good to start out with some nutrient-dense foods, and since I've been home for the last couple of days I've been enjoying kale salads, green smoothies, gazpacho, and chicken. 

What are your favorite snacks to take on a trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment