Monday, February 4, 2013

Paperless Post Bootleg

Inspired by the awesomeness of the hit comedy Parks and Recreation on NBC, my girlfriend and I decided to throw a Galentine's Day brunch.  This holiday is a play on Valentine's Day (obvi) but is exclusive to the ladies.  We'll be celebrating our friendships, completely independent from any romantic relationships we may or may not be in.  Unlike Leslie Knope on the show, we won't be making our guests hand crocheted flower pens, mosaic portraits made from the crushed bottles of each person's favorite diet soda, or a personalized 5,000-word essay on why each friend is so awesome.  But we will have lots of goodies to eat, a few games, and the champagne will be flowing!

via

In an effort to get a little fancy, I decided to make an invitation on Paperless Post instead of Evite. I've received invites from PP before but last night (while watching the Superbowl) was the first time I went to PP as a potential customer.  I had heard that there's a cost to use it, but it's relatively cheap.  By the time I made the invitation and added my guest list, my total was about twelve dollars.  Even though I selected the free invitation template, there's a charge to send it to guests.  (I also chose a stamp and a polka-dot background that I didn't realize had a charge associated with them as well.)  This is a small amount of money, but twelve bucks saved is still twelve bucks earned!
 
 
Here's my cheap work-around.  I took a screenshot of the invitation, cropped out what I didn't want to include, and sent that in the body of an email.  Boom.  The pro is saving moolah.  The con is you don't get the animated envelope opening and you have to manage your RSVP list yourself.  The result is really cute!  I don't have the skills or resources to create something like this on my own so it was nice to have the templates available on Paperless Post's site.  Happy party planning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment