Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chicago

Chicago  is a special place to me.  The first time I ever purchased my own plane ticket, it was for a trip to the Windy City to visit my bestie who went to the University of Chicago.  (Smarty pants.)  When I started my stint in the travel industry five years ago, I took advantage of my stand-by airline benefits to visit her often.  She has since moved to London, but now work brings me back a couple of times a year, and it's always a treat!





July is the perfect time if year for Texans to visit Chicago.  While it's 114 degrees here, it's 85 degrees there.  Heaven.  My team's summer meeting was casual, and we shared business updates on my co-worker's roof.  Tanning and working at the same time is efficiency at its best!



On this particular trip, we did something I've always wanted to do.  We took an architectural tour on the river!  The design nerd in me was beyond excited as we cruised down the Chicago River, marveling at the skyscrapers that almost hid the sky.



Between meetings the next day, I was able to wander around and enjoy the energy of the city.  Tourists, business people, and students intermingled freely.  The weather seemed to elevate everyone's moods.



Meetings are a lot more enjoyable when this is your view!



A visit to Chicago is not complete without a visit to Millennium Park, at least in this tourist's opinion.



I always have to get a close-up shot of the giant jelly bean.  Every time.



A free concert in the park?  Don't mind if I do!

After my much needed respite from the brutal Texas heat, I reluctantly boarded the L and made my way to Midway Airport.  I think I'll be back this August...

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I am going to enjoy traveling through your eyes! LOL! Can't wait until I begin to fly away as well!

    ReplyDelete